When entertaining, it can be hard to please everyone, but this winning dish is an easy vegetarian BBQ treat that all guests will love – carnivores and herbivores alike.
Grilled veggie kabobs are a flavorful, colorful feast for the eyes, and fun for party-goers of all ages to enjoy bite-size vegetables straight from the skewer. Enhance the taste sensation of these tender, colorful vegetables with our dry rub seasoning and savory BBQ sauces that give these veggies an added kick and lip-smacking tang.
This healthy and tasty dish is a great option for vegetarians at your next backyard barbecue, and a nice way of “dressing” up veggies to serve any night of the week.
Grilled Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
Yields: 4 servings
Preparation and Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 lb. White Mushrooms (medium)
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 2 Zucchini Squash
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- Olive oil
- Boo and Henry’s BBQ Rub Me Tender Dry Rub Seasoning
- Boo and Henry’s Sweet Mustard BBQ Sauce (optional)
- Boo and Henry’s Smokin’ Mild BBQ Sauce (optional)
Preparation and Cooking:
- Pre-heat grill to medium-hot temperature. (Charcoal preferred, but gas grill will work.)
- Cut all vegetables into 1/2″ slices; keep mushrooms whole.
- Arrange on metal skewers in order; cap each end with mushrooms.
- Brush skewers with olive oil. Then, season with BBQ Dry Rub.
- Grill over medium hot grill.
- Char on both sides, and brush again with olive oil and seasoning.
- Optional: Drizzle on Boo and Henry’s Sweet Mustard BBQ Sauce or Boo and Henry’s Smokin’ Mild BBQ Sauce just before serving, and set out BBQ sauces for extra dipping.
Serve this char-grilled, mouth-watering dish as a side with your favorite protein, or make it as a healthy entree alternative. Feel free to get a little messy with it, and dip the flavorful veggies into more than one sauce. To your good, lip-smacking health!
View our recommended products:
By Daly Thompson, Executive Pitmaster. Decades ago, Daly hung up his starched apron as executive chef at four- and five-star restaurants and returned to his boyhood love of barbeque. Founder of four restaurants, including The Pig in Los Angeles and Boo and Henry’s in Phoenix, Arizona, Daly is a master BBQ educator and enthusiast, bringing authentic, Memphis-style BBQ to the world.