Spruce up your Backyard BBQ with this full-flavored barbecue pork ribs recipe. Where I come from, ribs are a rite of passage, and no one does ribs better than Memphis, with its dedication to the dry-rub seasoning.
This recipe goes deep to infuse a full aroma of seasonings and taste sensation with two rounds of spicing. While it may take a few hours, this easy-to-make recipe is worth its “wait” in gold. As the spices and seasonings preserve moisture and build a rich, bold flavor hour after hour, it will give you time to mow the lawn, watch the pre-game show, or simply nap away in your hammock. And when you wake up, the result will be tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs packed with mouthwatering flavor that your guests will love…. if you don’t eat it all first!
Memphis BBQ Dry-Rub Ribs Recipe
Serves: 3-4 half-pound servings per person, or 4-6 if serving many side dishes with it.
Preparation and Cook time: approximately 5 hours
Note: Use Back Loin Pork Ribs (1 ¾ lb. and down)
- Lightly rub into Ribs Apple Cider Vinegar on both sides, then season generously with Rub Me Tender™ BBQ Seasoning.
- Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Smoke Ribs over indirect heat, (Hickory, Oak, Apple woods) for 4-5 hours, and baste every hour with a mixture of 2 cups Apple Juice, 1 cup White Vinegar and 1 tbsp. Dry-Rub Seasoning.
- When Ribs start to bend and loosen from the bone, baste one last time and put final coat of Dry-Rub for last 10 minutes.
- Serve with one of our Boo and Henry’s BBQ sauces and you will know why Memphis is the “Q” Capital of the World!
View our recommended products:
By Daly Thompson, Executive Pitmaster. Decades ago, Daly hung up his starched apron as executive chef at four- and five-star restaurants and returned to his boyhood love of barbeque. Founder of four restaurants, including The Pig in Los Angeles and Boo and Henry’s in Phoenix, Arizona, Daly is a master BBQ educator and enthusiast, bringing authentic, Memphis-style BBQ to the world.