Cajun-Style Deep-Fried Turkey
Spice up your Thanksgiving feast with this mouthwatering, deep-fried turkey recipe that your guests will love -- and you can only hope to have leftovers of!
Servings: 9 servings
- 1 FreshAll-Natural Turkey (14-16 lb.)
- 1 lb Boo andHenry’s “Burnin’Hot Love” Dry Rub Seasoning
- 1 quart Apple Juice
- Turkey Syringe (Injector) (1)
- 6 gallons Peanut Oil (peanut oil gives optimal flavor and crispness, but for peanut allergies, substitute canola or safflower oil)
- Deep Frying Pot and Propane Range (1 to 3)
- Propane Tank (1)
- Blend ½ lb. dry rub with apple juice.
- With syringe, inject liquid mixture onto Turkey bones and into the breast meat.
- Season outside of Turkey with remaining dry rub. (Refrigerate overnight)
- Remove Turkey from Refrigerator and hang until excess liquid drains out.
- Heat oil in fryer to 350*F. (For safety, cook this OUTSIDE ONLY !!)
- Lower Turkey slowly into oil. (again, OUTSIDE ONLY!)
- Regulate heat and turn every 10 minutes for even cooking.
- After 45-50 minutes, remove Turkey from oil and let drain for 15 minutes.
- Serve Hot and Crispy.