Here’s a BBQ tiger prawn recipe that is sure to be a home run at your next barbecue.
Shrimp is easy and cooks so fast, making it the perfect barbecue choice for parties, backyard gatherings, and Game Day entertaining. Just be sure to buy enough because, once your guests taste a few skewerfulls, they’ll keep coming back for more!
Made with Southern soul and Boo and Henry’s “Burnin’ Hot Love” BBQ Seasoning, these “crustaceans with a kick” rely on just a few simple ingredients and some simple, yet flavorful, smoking.
Grilled Red-Hot Tiger Prawns Recipe
Serves: 6 portions of 4 each
Preparation and Cook time: 15 minutes
2 lbs. Tiger Prawns = 24 Pieces
1-3 lemons – half a lemon for juice; cut the rest into lemon wheels
1 bunch of fresh rosemary stalks
Boo and Henry’s Burnin’ Hot Love BBQ Seasoning
Boo and Henry’s Red-Hot Vinegar BBQ
- Use fresh Tiger Prawns (U-12 size, head-on), and rinse clean in cold water.
- Season prawns with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle on “Burnin’ Hot Love” BBQ Seasoning. Cover both sides generously.
- On the grill, lay fresh rosemary stalks.
- Over medium-high heat, charbroil or grill the prawns atop the fresh rosemary stalks, cooking prawns 2 minutes on each side.
- Glaze the prawns with Boo and Henry’s Red-Hot Vinegar BBQ Sauce on both sides, and grill 1-2 more minutes until done.
- Serve immediately, and garnish with fresh lemon wheels and grilled rosemary.
The grilling and smoking will help create a nice sear on both sides. Serve it on skewers as an appetizer, or present as a main dish along with Dirty Rice and Grilled Asparagus. However you dish it up, this mouth-watering shrimp dish will disappear before the umpire can say “IT’S OUTTA HERE!”
View our recommended products:
By Daly Thompson, Executive Pitmaster. Decades ago, Daly hung up his starched apron as executive chef at four- and five-star restaurants and returned to his boyhood love of barbeque. Founder of four restaurants, including The Pig in Los Angeles and Boo and Henry’s in Phoenix, Arizona, Daly is a master BBQ educator and enthusiast, bringing authentic, Memphis-style BBQ to the world.