Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
This winning dish is an easy vegetarian BBQ treat that everyone will love – carnivores and herbivores alike. Grilled veggie kabobs are a flavorful, colorful feast for the eyes, and fun for party-goers of all ages to enjoy bite-sized vegetables straight from the skewer. Enhance these tender, colorful vegetables with our dry rub seasoning and savory BBQ sauces that give these veggies an added kick and lip-smacking tang. This healthy and tasty option is great for vegetarians at your next backyard barbecue, and a nice way of “dressing” up veggies to enjoy any night of the week.
- 1/2 lb. White Mushrooms (medium)
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 2 Zucchini Squash
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- Olive oil
- Boo and Henry’s BBQ Rub Me Tender Dry Rub Seasoning
- Boo and Henry’s Sweet Mustard BBQ Sauce (optional)
- Boo and Henry’s Smokin’ Mild BBQ Sauce (optional)
- Pre-heat grill to medium-hot temperature. (Charcoal preferred, but gas grill will work.)
- Cut all vegetables into 1/2″ slices; keep mushrooms whole.
- Arrange on metal skewers in order; cap each end with mushrooms.
- Brush skewers with olive oil. Then, season with BBQ Dry Rub.
- Grill over medium hot grill.
- Char on both sides, and brush again with olive oil and seasoning.
- Optional: Drizzle on Boo and Henry’s Sweet Mustard BBQ Sauce or Boo and Henry’s Smokin’ Mild BBQ Sauce just before serving.
- Set out BBQ sauces for extra dipping, and serve as a side dish with your favorite protein, or as a healthy entree alternative.