Enjoy a savory, smoky barbeque-style salmon with Boo and Henry's BBQ Sauce and Rub Me TenderTM Seasoning. This recipe also works well with trout and many whitefish.
- 4 5-6 oz. salmon fillets
- ½ tbsp Boo and Henry's Rub Me TenderTM dry rub seasoning
- 2½ tbsp canola oil
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Cut Fresh Salmon (skin-on) into 5-6 oz. filets.
- Season flesh side of fish generously with Rub Me Tender™ BBQ Seasoning.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat to very high heat.
- Add 2-3 tbsp. canola oil to pan, then place Salmon filets (skin-side down) in pan. After 1 minute, check to ensure skin is not sticking to pan.
- When skin side is golden brown, flip fish with spatula to flesh side down. (If pan is dry, add a little more oil.)
- Place pan into a 375º F oven and cook until desired doneness. (I prefer a medium rare to medium fish to stay moist, about 2-3 minutes in the oven.)
- Remove fish skin side up, then deglaze pan with freshly squeezed lemon and white wine. Whisk in 3 tbsp. unsalted butter and finish with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately and spoon the lemon-butter sauce over the fish. (Serve with favorite side dishes: my favorites are grilled asparagus and creamy polenta.)